Does Standardized Testing Improve Our Children’s Education?
Thursday May 2nd, 2013
From 6pm to 8pm
Mission High School
3750 18th st.
Guest speakers include:
– Lisa Schiff is a parent of two children in SFUSD, is a member of Parents for Public Schools of San Francisco, the PTA, and a columnist for Beyond Chron. Click here for a recent article.
– Brian Jones is a New York teacher, is a member of Movement of Rank and File Educators (M.O.R.E.), and co-narrator of an Inconvenient Truth Behind Waiting for Superman. Click here for a recent article.
– Guilio Sorro is a San Francisco native and science teacher at June Jordan High school for Equality
– Maria Lourdes Nocedal is a fourth grade teacher at Sheridan Elementary, on the executive board of UESF, an activist and member of EDU
Students, parents, friends and more!
All organizations are for identification purposes only!
EDU invites educators, students, parents and community members to participate in a town hall on standardized testing.
Please come out and join the discussion as we try to answer these questions (and more):
* What’s behind the push for more standardized tests?
* How are standardized tests affecting our schools and communities?
* What are the alternatives that actually help our schools and students and how do we fight for them?
Facebook event page: https ://www.facebook.com/events/445315065553048/